The William Junior Coop Hen House
Click Image for Gallery
Chicken House is suitable for laying Hens or Bantams, an easy clean fox proof Coop that can be placed in a Chicken Run garden or field
- Fabulous woodenart quality and innovation
- A very easy to clean Chicken House with a raised floor and nest boxes
- The House is a very spacious 3 feet wide x 3 feet deep, is well ventilated and suitable for 4 - 6 Chickens. The House stands 5 feet 3 inches tall at the highest point , has 2 removable perches for cleaning and there is a large door at the front for easy access and cleaning.
- The sliding pop hole door is a very neat system that slides on internal runners and is operated outside of the House by a pull cord
- The Chicken House and Nest Boxes all have Onduline roofing which is the preferred roofing for Poultry as it does not harbour parasitic red mite unlike felt plus it outlast normal felt by years and years, it also allows vital air circulation through the Housing.
- The Nest Boxes are each a huge 15 inches wide x 14 inches deep with access outside of the Hen House for egg collection via a drop down door and are set at a height that makes for easy egg collecting and inspection. There are 2 banks of Nest Boxes each with 2 nesting spaces
- The Shiplap cladding the Chicken House and all Run framework is smooth square planed tanalised pressure treated timber for excellent rot protection and is screwed together for strength and durability, the finish is a natural colour.
- The mesh used on the Run is 19 gauge galvanised weld mesh for strength, durability and fox protection
- Additional Option - The underneath of the Chicken House, the Chicken Run end and back of the Chicken House can be fully weather boarded to make a complete closed end to give shelter to the Bantams or Hens from driving wind and rain, we also create a small door under the main House door so feeders and drinkers can be placed underneath the House.
- Additional Option - VSBi Automatic Door Openers can be fitted inside the Chicken House and will take care of opening and closing the pop hole door.
- Additional Option - We can finish our Chicken Houses in many colours, we use mainly Cuprinol Garden Shades or the Farrow and Ball range of exterior paints.
- Please contact us for details and prices on Additional Options