The William Super Chicken Coop Hen House and Chicken Run
Click Image for Gallery
Large Chicken House with large Chicken Run suitable for all Poultry an easy clean fox proof Coop with Run that provides lots of space and looks beautiful
- Fabulous woodenart quality and innovation
- A very easy to clean Chicken House
- The House itself is a very spacious 4 feet wide x 4 feet deep, is well ventilated and suitable for 10 - 12 Chickens. The House stands 5 feet 3 inches tall at the highest point , has 2 removable perches for cleaning and there is a large door at the front for easy access and cleaning. The additional Run underneath the House is meshed as standard
- The sliding pop hole door is a very neat system that slides on internal runners and is operated outside of the House by a pull cord
- The attached Chicken Run is 9 feet 3 inches long and is 4 feet wide and has access doors in the end and side
- The Run extends underneath and at the back of the Hen house to give an effective Run length of 13 feet 3 inches , the Run stands 4 feet tall
- The Chicken House and Nest Boxes all have Onduline roofing which is the preferred roofing for Poultry as it does not harbour parasitic red mite unlike felt plus it outlast normal felt by years and years, it also allows vital air circulation through the Chicken House.
- The Nest Boxes are each a huge 15 inches wide x 14 inches deep with access outside of the Chicken House for egg collection via a drop down door and are set at a height that makes for easy egg collecting and inspection. There are 2 banks of Nest Boxes each with 2 nesting spaces
- The Chicken House and Chicken Run assembled together gives a footprint of 13 feet 3 inches long x 4 feet wide, the Nest Box overhangs each side by another 14 inches. The whole assembly is mounted onto tanalised bearers
- The Shiplap cladding the Chicken House and all Run framework is smooth square planed tanalised pressure treated timber for excellent rot protection and is screwed together for strength and durability, the finish is a natural colour.
- The mesh used on the Run is 19 gauge galvanised weld mesh for strength, durability and fox protection
- Additional Option - The underneath of the Chicken House, the Chicken Run end and back of the Chicken House can be fully weather boarded to make a complete closed end to give shelter to the Chickens from driving wind and rain, we also create a small door under the main Chicken House door so feeders and drinkers can be placed underneath the Chicken House.
- Additional Option - The Run length can be increased by adding panels in modules of approx 3 feet long, each module has a front and back panel plus Onduline roofing with supports.
- Additional Option - VSBi Automatic Door Openers can be fitted inside the House and will take care of opening and closing the pop hole door.
- Additional Option - We can finish our Chicken Houses in many colours, we use mainly Cuprinol Garden Shades or the Farrow and Ball range of exterior paints.
- Additional Option - Extra deep base bearers which are tanalised rot proof bearers which are assembled on site and the whole assembly is built onto them. These extra deep rails act as a kick board and raise the height by a couple of inches, they also provide a sturdy strong platform onto which we build the Chicken House and Run.
- Additional Option- Mesh Aprons can be fitted around the perimeter of our Chicken Houses and Chicken Runs and will prevent a fox from digging/scratching into the Run.
- Please contact us for details and prices on Additional Options